You may have heard all the hubbub about how beneficial water is for the body, but you may still be looking for results. The fact of the matter is that water is what makes your body work!
Your body is made up of 70% water. All of this water is necessary for each and every function your body has. It assists in everything from keeping the body cool, to bowel movements, to healthy, clean and clear skin. You can't survive even 3 days without water.
Why water instead of soda? Have you ever frozen soda by accident trying to make it cold faster and forgot about it? If you have, you've probably noticed that the water froze, but there's still a bunch of liquid in there, right? This liquid is poison! It's nothing but concentrated sugar syrups and food coloring! Every time you drink a soda, you may feel less thirsty, but your body gets dehydrated because it has to work double time to break down all of those bad carbs and sugars.
These carbs and sugars are fattening as well as really bad for your skin. These sugars can cause huge breakouts on your skin in all kinds of places. Soda in moderation is absolutely okay, but if it's over 50% of the liquid you take in, your skin is going to be miserable.
If you care about your health and your skin, water is the way to go. Water can give your skin a natural glow and help your body run more efficiently to keep it that way, and here's why:
Just like the other organs of our body, skin is also made of several cells. Skin cells like any other organ cells require water to function properly. Some of the benefits of water to the skin include:
1. Water is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture and deliver essential nutrients to the skin cells. It replenishes the skin tissue and increases its elasticity. This helps delay the appearance of signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines.
2. Water is a perfect replacement for your expensive anti-ageing treatments. It keeps the skin well hydrated and glistening, thereby, enhancing the complexion.For soft and supple skin, drinking an adequate amount of water is more important than applying topical creams.
3. Drinking enough water combats skin disorders like psoriasis, wrinkles and eczema. It also increases the metabolic rate and improves digestive system to flush out toxins from the body. This in turn gives you a healthy and glowing skin.
4. A nice cold shower and a relaxing bath calm the nerves and reduce the stress related damage to the skin. Soak your entire body in cold water for 2 to 3 minutes to rejuvenate the skin. Long exposure of the skin to water can strip off the natural oils, so don’t stretch your bathing or shower duration.
5. Cold water bath eliminates redness of the skin and sets the skin for better makeup application. After opening the pores by washing them with warm water, you can seal them by splashing with cold water. Cold water tightens the pores and prevents them from getting clogged. It reduces the appearance of acne.
6. A cold water compress can also help to reduce under-eye inflammation. As the water evaporates from the skin, the surface becomes cooler. Splashing cold water on the eyes can also reduce eye puffiness. There are plenty of water-rich eye gels which you can use for a long-term solution.
Whether you have acne or clogged pores, or are looking for an even skin tone and firmer, younger looking skin; there is definitely something for everyone. Our goal is to provide a relaxing experience while getting you the results you can see and feel!